3D CT Scan
Our practice utilizes state-of-the-art 3D cone-beam CT (computed tomography) technology that provides highly accurate 3-D radiographic images for the diagnosis, planning and treatment of oral surgery.
This technology provides highly accurate 3-D radiographic images for the diagnosis, planning and treatment of dental implantology, TMJ analysis, airway assessment, oral and orthognathic surgery and other dental procedures. Undistorted, anatomically correct views of the jaws, teeth and facial bones along with cross-sectional (bucco-lingual), axial, coronal, sagittal, cephalometric and panoramic views are easily generated.
Three-dimensional images enable a level of anatomical accuracy and patient care not possible with 2-D technologies. With the addition of cone-beam CT technology in our office, our practice is committed to providing innovative, high-quality, patient care.
Benefits of Cone Beam CT Scans
• Location of anatomic structures: mandibular canal, submandibular fossa, incisive canal, maxillary sinus
• Size and shape of ridge, quantity and quality of bone
• Number, orientation of implants
• Need for bone graft, sinus lift
• Use of implant planning software (Dr. Hsu will plan the exact position and location of your implants prior to any surgery )
Oral and maxillofacial surgery
• Relationship of third molar roots to mandibular canal to minimize any nerve damage
• Localization of impacted teeth, foreign objects, extra teeth
• Evaluation of facial fractures and asymmetry
• Orthognathic surgery planning
Oral and maxillofacial pathology
• Localization and characterization of lesions in the jaws
• Effect of lesion on jaw in 3rd dimension: expansion, cortical erosion, bilateral symmetry
• Relationship of lesion to teeth and other structures